Friday 22 May 2009

A MAKE-OVER FOR FRIDAY




Well another week over and where does the time go ???...I have ended my week with a great make-over that I would like to share with you all...I bought this relatively cheap apothecary in an unfinished state..I had big plans for it to go in my kitchen..Out came the paint and brushes and I set too...First I painted it all black and then rubbed it back to give it a worn out look.. Rubbing in some antique wax and then giving it a good old buff up once it was dry..My apothecary was finished and mind it looked so prim...


As I said it was destined for the kitchen but just didn't shine there..so around the rooms I went with it in hand and finally it came to rest on the Gathering Room wall...perfect place I thought..Now for the prims..It sounds so easy to say but the prim Hare was only waiting for his wheels and I made up a little bird to hang...My prim Apothecary was done and looked fab... I was OH so pleased with my new gathering and all it had taken was a bit of imagination and a pot of paint LOL...

The HARE is a brand new design of mine and is soon to be available as a pattern...I would like to wish you all well and hope you enjoy your weekend...*~*Blesings*~* Angi XX

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your cabinet!!...You did a great job on it!!..I really enjoy visiting your blog and see ing your new creations!!..Have a good weekend...hugs,Jen

sarah said...

you have done a fantastic job, such a good job infact you have inspired me to get some, lol.
lets hope they turn out as good as yours, love sarah x